Classin’ up Cooper’s for Valentine’s celebration
February 14, 2013
As the Crow Flies and Sailor Rick team up to present a Valentine's dance party with Earles of Newtown 8 p.m. Thursday (Feb. 14) at Cooper's Ale Works in Nevada City.
Earles of Newtown is a Nevada County band that offers a contagious combination of Swingin' Dixieland, jugband and jazz. Their sets are comprised of upbeat dance tunes, sweet ballads and a variety of Prohibition-era numbers that appeal to music lovers of all ages and genres.
Attendees are encouraged to "make Cooper's classy" by wearing fine dresses or suit jackets for half-price admission at the door. Single ladies will also be allowed in at half the cover charge. Full-price admission is $10 at the door.
Earles of Newtown will be joined by special guest Bob Woods on guitar, completing this nine-piece act reminiscent of the Big Band era. This dapper band delivers an equal amount of musicianship and style that promises to warm the hearts of lovers and love-seekers alike on this special holiday evening.
Cooper's Ale Works is located at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information, please email Earle at email@example.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County