Chorus offers cure to season’s chaos
November 29, 2012
People can easily get caught up in the hubbub of the season, but there is "nothing wrong in this old world some little song won't cure …" With the "Help of Rhonda," Sierra Gold Chorus, the Auburn Chapter of Sweet Adelines International, presents "A Musical Cure for Christmas Chaos " at its annual Christmas Show at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 8th at Combie Bible Church, 22924 West Hacienda Drive, Grass Valley, near Lake of the Pines.
The Sierra Gold Chorus joined by the Christmas Chorus, under the direction of Barb Tincher, sing traditional and modern Christmas songs. Several quartets, a double quartet and two special featured acts will add to the "musical cure." The award winning Anticipation Quartet and the Forest Lake Christian School Chamber Choir will also perform.
Anticipation Quartet combines barbershop music with family — two sisters, one daughter and one close enough to be considered family. All four members are "barbershop brats," having grown up with barbershop. After just a couple months singing together, the quartet made a splash at the Sweet Adelines regional competition in Reno, last April, winning third place medals.
This popular family show has been a sellout in past years. The presale tickets are $15 for adults, youth (16 and under) $7. Tickets at the door will be $18 for adults and $7 for youth. Tickets may be purchased from any member of the chorus or by calling Jackie Dow at (530) 885-3801.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier