Chinese New Year celebration Sunday in Nevada City
February 6, 2014
The Nevada City Chinese New Year Festival welcomes the Year of the Horse in a community celebration Sunday.
The celebration begins at noon at the Chinese Monument on Commercial Street (the old Chinese Quarter), led by ceremonial Lion Dancers from Eastern Ways Martial Arts of Sacramento.
The entourage will make its way down Commercial Street and end at Robinson Plaza.
An afternoon of Asian culture and entertainment will then take place at the festival inside Miners Foundry Cultural Center. The event will go until 3 p.m.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles