Children’s book launch Sunday
May 15, 2013
Author Lisa Boulton and illustrator Lisa Redfern will host a book launch and presentation of "Toby Bear and the Healing Light" at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley.
"Toby Bear and the Healing Light" was created by Boulton while she was going through cancer treatments at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. Two years in the making, the children's book is about a little bear that becomes self-aware in a toy store and shares his knowledge of mindfulness with the child he is given to, who is seriously ill in the hospital. It's story of hope, love and gratitude for the small things around us. All the illustrations are representative of Nevada County.
The Center for the Arts is located at 314 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. Refreshments will be served.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier