Children’s book launch Sunday
May 15, 2013
Author Lisa Boulton and illustrator Lisa Redfern will host a book launch and presentation of "Toby Bear and the Healing Light" at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley.
"Toby Bear and the Healing Light" was created by Boulton while she was going through cancer treatments at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. Two years in the making, the children's book is about a little bear that becomes self-aware in a toy store and shares his knowledge of mindfulness with the child he is given to, who is seriously ill in the hospital. It's story of hope, love and gratitude for the small things around us. All the illustrations are representative of Nevada County.
The Center for the Arts is located at 314 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. Refreshments will be served.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)