Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with 1000 Years at Sea at Old 5Mile
March 14, 2013
The Old 5Mile House will celebrate St. Patrick's day with music by the acclaimed Celtic and American folk music trio 1000 Years at Sea, featuring Issac James on percussion and Colin Cotter and Ethan Lewis on voice, fiddle and guitar. Though their roots are local, the band has toured extensively throughout Northern California and beyond. Both Cotter and Lewis have been students and later instructors at Alasdair Fraser's annual fiddle camp. 1000 Years plays both classic Irish songs and original music with a contemporary folk sound, mixing Celtic and American fiddling with jazz and Quebecois guitar and African percussion.
Old 5Mile House is located at 18851 Highway 20, Nevada City. For information, call 530-265-5155.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- PG&E offers debris removal in tree death crisis
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier