Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with 1000 Years at Sea at Old 5Mile
March 14, 2013
The Old 5Mile House will celebrate St. Patrick's day with music by the acclaimed Celtic and American folk music trio 1000 Years at Sea, featuring Issac James on percussion and Colin Cotter and Ethan Lewis on voice, fiddle and guitar. Though their roots are local, the band has toured extensively throughout Northern California and beyond. Both Cotter and Lewis have been students and later instructors at Alasdair Fraser's annual fiddle camp. 1000 Years plays both classic Irish songs and original music with a contemporary folk sound, mixing Celtic and American fiddling with jazz and Quebecois guitar and African percussion.
Old 5Mile House is located at 18851 Highway 20, Nevada City. For information, call 530-265-5155.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)