Cajun food, music at Old 5Mile
February 2, 2013
The Old 5Mile House will celebrate the launch of February's Cajun menu with a special night of music from 6 to 9 p.m. today, featuring guitarist, train conductor and rockabilly legend Bob Woods alongside bassist and Zydeco and Cajun accordion player Pete Kmeto.
Kmeto has played since the 1960s in musical genres ranging from rock, folk, ethnic, funk and jazz to country and Americana. He's been a member of the bands Down Stroke, Missing Pieces and MRQ. On bass, Kmeto favors a straightforward melodic/rhythmic style over virtuosity, playing electric upright, acoustic bass guitar and four- and five-string electric bass guitars. He has performed with Billy Joe Shaver, Bill Kirchen and New Riders of the Purple Sage and many others.
There is no cover. The Old5 Mile House is located at 18851 Highway 20 in Nevada City. For information call 530-265-5155.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local