Bumptet brings ‘spirited journey’ to Stonehouse in Nevada City
March 7, 2013
The Bumptet will bring its long jams, deep funk grooves and epic rock crescendos to the Stonehouse in Nevada City Thursday (March 7).
Self-described as The Headhunters meets Phish, this Northern California quintet says it will take listeners on a spirited journey that must be seen live in order to fully appreciate the level of musicianship and soul it brings to every show it plays. But don't expect to hear carbon-copy renditions of their tunes at the show. They pride themselves on delivering high-energy, improvised sets of funk music with jazz-caliber execution (including the occasional foray into the jam band outer stratosphere!).
The members of the band have an extremely long collective resume. Guitarist Sean Lehe spent four years touring with the popular jam-groove band Izabella, as well as travelling with the Bay Area bluegrass band Poor Man's Whiskey. Bassist Jonathan Stoyanoff spent time on the road with Johnny A and later played more than 600 shows from coast to coast with Global Funk Council. The band also includes Sam Phelps on keys (also formerly of Izabella), Barry Eldridge on drums (Foothill Jazz Collective, Motoshi Kosako Trio) and new addition Adam Walter (Chingus) on saxophone.
The Bumptet will take the stage at 9:30 p.m. Admission is $10. For information, go to https://facebook.com/StonehouseOldBrewery.
The Stonehouse is located at 107 Sacramento St. in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County