Brook to talk on color in art
November 22, 2012
A show of new paintings by Nevada City fine artist LeeAnn Brook will open Nov. 1 at Smith Vineyards Tasting Room in Grass Valley. The show, entitled "ColorScapes," features her newest work of large-format contemporary landscapes. The show will run through December 2012.
In addition, during downtown Grass Valley's Second Saturday Art Walk this weekend, Brook will have an artist's reception and will give an art talk called "The Inspiration of Color." Brook will discuss how color inspires her work with a slide show that covers the process of her paintings and how a recent trip to Italy inspired her love for color. The reception is from 5 to 7 p.m. and the art talk will start at 6:30 p.m.
All of the work features large-format contemporary landscapes with Brook's expressive signature style, including scenes from local gardens, the Yuba River and Hirschman's Pond.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton