Brook to talk on color in art
November 22, 2012
A show of new paintings by Nevada City fine artist LeeAnn Brook will open Nov. 1 at Smith Vineyards Tasting Room in Grass Valley. The show, entitled "ColorScapes," features her newest work of large-format contemporary landscapes. The show will run through December 2012.
In addition, during downtown Grass Valley's Second Saturday Art Walk this weekend, Brook will have an artist's reception and will give an art talk called "The Inspiration of Color." Brook will discuss how color inspires her work with a slide show that covers the process of her paintings and how a recent trip to Italy inspired her love for color. The reception is from 5 to 7 p.m. and the art talk will start at 6:30 p.m.
All of the work features large-format contemporary landscapes with Brook's expressive signature style, including scenes from local gardens, the Yuba River and Hirschman's Pond.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later