Boom Booms venture south for Stonehouse performance
April 11, 2013
Vancouver, B.C. – Recently crowned "The Best of B.C." and still buzzing with excitement from showcasing at both SXSW and CMW, The Boom Booms will perform in Nevada City Monday at The Stonehouse.
Based in Vancouver, B.C., The Boom Booms' music is a mash-up of pop, hip-hop, reggae, soul and funk. Since their 2007 launch, they have built a loyal fan base that stretches across generations.
In 2011, The Boom Booms released their full-length debut album "¡Hot Rum!" This album, along with their energetic live performance and stage presence, earned them a spot in the 2011 Peak Performance Project, B.C.'s most prestigious contest for emerging musicians. They went on to win second place and picked up a cash prize of $75,000.
Since then, The Boom Booms have wrapped up a successful tour of Brazil, which included sold-out performances in both Rio de Janeiro and Manaus. While on tour, they created a series of videos to raise awareness for the Belo Monte Dam in the Amazon Rainforest that is destroying and displacing a huge number of locals and causing an ecological disaster. These videos have recently been released as Boom Boom Brazil, an online music and travel documentary.
Tickets for the show at The Stonehouse are available at the venue the night of the show and are $5. Doors open at 8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands