Bob Mora celebrates retirement with big bash
June 27, 2013
Legendary local blues rocker Bob Mora of the infamous Jimmy Jett and the Rocking Bombers celebrates his retirement with an all-star bash at 6:30 p.m. Friday at The Organic Grill at California Organics. The evening features three live sets with local musicians Jimmy Jett, Rob Holland, John Gerken (Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks) and Mora himself, all reuniting to perform songs from the Rocking Bombers plus sets featuring blues, country and rock 'n' roll.
The group originally met in 1969 while attending John Woolman School and formed Jimmy Jett and the Rocking Bombers. Fans and fellow local musicians are invited to join in on the fun.
There is no charge to attend. For information, visit http:// californiaorganics.com.
The Organic Grill at California Organics is located at 135 Argall Way in Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed