Blues legend Buddy Guy in GV
October 29, 2013
The Center for the Arts brings six-time Grammy Award winner, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and living Chicago blues guitar legend Buddy Guy to town Tuesday for a concert at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building. Local Grease & Grime Duo will open.
In a career spanning nearly five decades, Buddy Guy has more than 50 albums under his belt. Most recently, he added the prestigious Kennedy Center Honors and NARM Chairman's Award for Sustained Creative Achievement to his long list of achievements. Besides winning six Grammy Awards and being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Buddy Guy has earned 28 Blues Music Awards, the first annual Great Performer of Illinois Award, a Billboard Music Awards' Century Award for distinguished artistic achievement and the Presidential National Medal of Arts. Rolling Stone named Buddy Guy one of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. Buddy Guy has influenced rock titans such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. Tuesday show are $48 for members of the Center and $58 for the general public and are available at the Center's Box Office in person, by phone at 530-274-8384, ext. 14, or online at http://thecenterforthearts.org, or at BriarPatch Co-op.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana