Benefit concert to help feed the hungry
October 11, 2012
In honor of Hunger Awareness Month, Twin Cities Church will sponsor a concert by the Golden State Quartet Saturday to benefit Interfaith Food Ministry.
The Interfaith Food Ministry has provided supplemental food to those in need as a nonprofit in western Nevada County since 1987. In those 25 years, 500,000 seniors, families with children and single adults have walked through the doors. In recognition of September as Hunger Awareness Month, Twin Cities Church will donate proceeds from Saturday's concert to Interfaith Food Ministry. Twin Cities Church is one of many member churches and community partner groups who help support the organization.
The Golden State Quartet will perform 7 to 9 p.m. at Twin Cities Church. The Golden State Quartet (aka The Golden State Jubilee Quartet) is an American vocal group. It was formed in 1934 and, with changes in membership, remains active to this day. The Golden State Quartet is known for singing traditional quartet music that is Southern gospel. More about the group is available at http://www.goldenstatequartet.org.
The concert is $10 per person. For tickets, contact Bob or Deborah York at (530) 470-8955 or purchase online under "events" at http://www.twincitieschurch.com.
Twin Cities Church is located at 11726 Rough & Ready Highway in Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)