Beer expert to speak Friday in Nevada City
May 13, 2014
On Friday, Jerignan's Tap House & Grill will host Charles Bamforth, Ph.D., University of California, Davis' beer expert, for an informal discussion on craft brewing and craft beers.
The talk will run from 10 a.m. to noon. Bamforth, who has written several books about beer, began his work in the brewing industry in 1978 and joined the UC Davis faculty in 1999.
He is Distinguished Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences on campus. Graduates from Bamforth's programs hold key positions in breweries large and small over the globe.
His current research program focuses primarily on the wholesomeness of beer, according to his bio.
The cost is $25 and pre-registration is required.
To reserve a spot, call 530-265-6999 or stop by Jernigan's at 123 Argall Way in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations