Beer expert to speak Friday in Nevada City
May 13, 2014
On Friday, Jerignan's Tap House & Grill will host Charles Bamforth, Ph.D., University of California, Davis' beer expert, for an informal discussion on craft brewing and craft beers.
The talk will run from 10 a.m. to noon. Bamforth, who has written several books about beer, began his work in the brewing industry in 1978 and joined the UC Davis faculty in 1999.
He is Distinguished Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences on campus. Graduates from Bamforth's programs hold key positions in breweries large and small over the globe.
His current research program focuses primarily on the wholesomeness of beer, according to his bio.
The cost is $25 and pre-registration is required.
To reserve a spot, call 530-265-6999 or stop by Jernigan's at 123 Argall Way in Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- PG&E offers debris removal in tree death crisis
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier