Beaucoup Chapeaux plays double-header this weekend
February 28, 2013
Nevada County's own Euro café quartet, Beaucoup Chapeaux, will play in Nevada City and Grass Valley this weekend. The first gig, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, will be at the Nevada City Classic Café. On Saturday, the quartet ventures to Grass Valley for a performance from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Wine Company.
The band says its mission is to play as much hauntingly beautiful music as it can, wherever it's from, but at this point, its repertoire includes tunes from France, Italy, Croatia, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey and Spain, as well as original compositions. As its fan base has expanded, so have its travels. The group toured the Pacific northwest the past two summers, and this year, it heads to the U.K. A little closer to home, Beaucoup Chapeaux's San Francisco Bay Area gigs have included the Plough and Stars, Emerald Tablet, Belden Taverna, Puchinellas and various house concerts. Its next show in San Francisco is April 27 at the Red Poppy Art House.
Catch the quartet locally Friday at Nevada City Classic Café, 216 Broad St. in Nevada City or Saturday at the Grass Valley Wine Co., 128 Mill St.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later