Balkan-infused jazz, rock at St. Joseph’s Saturday
October 21, 2012
St. Joseph's Cultural Center will present the Grass Valley debut of PLOTZ! a Balkan-jazz-rock band from Los Angeles Saturday.
PLOTZ! tips its hat to styles, stories and influences from all over the world, while maintaining firm roots in Balkan folk music, jazz and rock. PLOTZ! features some of Los Angeles' most innovative and virtuosic rising stars and has been a fixture on the underground Los Angeles Balkan/gypsy scene for almost a decade, according to the band.
The group features Daniel Rosenboom on trumpet, Gavin Templeton on alto saxophone, Brian Walsh on clarinet and baritone saxophone, Jake Vossler on electric guitar, Orest Balaban on bass and Austin Wrinkle on drums.
Come out and dance to infectious grooves, twisting melodies and shredding soloists. PLOTZ! brings a total party to every show, according to manager Rosenboom.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door and available at BriarPatch Co-op and the cultural center's office. For information about the band, go to http://www.plotzmusic.com or http://www.saintjosephsculturalcenter.org or call (530) 272-4725.
St. Saint Joseph's Cultural Center and Hall is located at 410 South Church St. in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo