Balkan-infused jazz, rock at St. Joseph’s Saturday
October 21, 2012
St. Joseph's Cultural Center will present the Grass Valley debut of PLOTZ! a Balkan-jazz-rock band from Los Angeles Saturday.
PLOTZ! tips its hat to styles, stories and influences from all over the world, while maintaining firm roots in Balkan folk music, jazz and rock. PLOTZ! features some of Los Angeles' most innovative and virtuosic rising stars and has been a fixture on the underground Los Angeles Balkan/gypsy scene for almost a decade, according to the band.
The group features Daniel Rosenboom on trumpet, Gavin Templeton on alto saxophone, Brian Walsh on clarinet and baritone saxophone, Jake Vossler on electric guitar, Orest Balaban on bass and Austin Wrinkle on drums.
Come out and dance to infectious grooves, twisting melodies and shredding soloists. PLOTZ! brings a total party to every show, according to manager Rosenboom.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door and available at BriarPatch Co-op and the cultural center's office. For information about the band, go to http://www.plotzmusic.com or http://www.saintjosephsculturalcenter.org or call (530) 272-4725.
St. Saint Joseph's Cultural Center and Hall is located at 410 South Church St. in Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton