Author will host signing Saturday for ‘The Quilt’ at Tomes
May 16, 2013
Dr. Nanci Shanderá, founder of EarthSpirit Center for the Transformational Arts in Nevada City, recently released a new book, "The Quilt: A Woman's Journey to Power."
Shanderá will host a book signing and reading 2 p.m. Saturday at Tomes in Grass Valley.
"The Quilt: A Woman's Journey to Power" focuses on Alex Wilder, a single mother and workaholic who stubbornly sees nothing wrong with how ruthlessly she treats others in order to get ahead. One night, she has a shocking dream that catapults her into a fantastic chain of events that will generate unforeseen and astonishing changes in her life. Though she tries to ignore the dream and the disturbing feelings it has stirred, Alex must face her limitations when two extraordinary teachers and a mysterious quilt appear in her life. Through their guidance, Alex learns to transform her perception of reality, embrace her authenticity and open her heart to love, according to Shanderá.
"The Quilt" is a metaphor and map for personal spiritual awakening, she said.
At the EarthSpirit Center, Shanderá teaches transformational workshops, and specializes in dream work. Formerly, as a Religious Science minister, she administered the Ernest Holmes College School of Ministry in Los Angeles, where she also taught transformational intensives. She draws from more than 30 years experience in non-traditional, spiritual teaching and counseling and studying with her teacher, Dr. W. Brugh Joy, since 1977, according to her bio.
She is also the author of "Your Inner Gold, an alchemical guide to transformation," releasing in June by Llewellyn Publishing. She has written for magazines such as Science of Mind and Shaman's Drum and is currently writing "The Elder Heroine's Journey," which explores how older women can become the wise women of our global tribe.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed