Auburn Ski Club gears up for season
November 29, 2013
The Auburn Ski Club Training Center on Donner Summit has announced cross-country trail pass rates for the 2013-14 season.
The nonprofit ASC Training Center operates a 20-kilometer trail system and offers day passes and season passes. Trails are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday, and are closed Monday and Tuesday.
A full season cross-country trail pass including annual ASC membership is $100 for adults (age 18-69) and $70 for a youth season passes (age 13-17). Cross- country pass for skiers age 12 and under or 70+ are free if they purchase an annual $40 membership.
Daily trail passes for nonmember adults are $16 for all day, $12 after 1 p.m. Youth (age 6-17) are $12 all day and $8 after 1 p.m. Kids under age 5 are free if accompanied by an adult with a day pass.
The Training Center trails are legendary for the longest cross-country season. ASC grooms classic tracks and skating lanes daily and often mid-day during snowfall. ASC trails provide scenic views of Castle Peak and sweeping views of Donner Summit.
The Training Center hosted Junior National Championships in 1971, 2005 and 2009 and NCAA National Championships in 2004. Junior National Championship will return to the ASC Training Center in 2015. Skiers can challenge themselves by skiing 3/5/10KM race loops and compare times with the best skiers in the country.
Along with cross-country skiing, the ASC Training Center offers opportunities in alpine, snowboard and biathlon winter sports. ASC programs and junior teams are aimed at athletic achievement and family participation.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death