Auburn band takes stage in support of youth arts
December 27, 2012
Celebrate New Year's Eve with the Hip Huggers, a dance/rock band out of Auburn. The group, which plays hits from the '70s, '80s, '90s and more, will perform to benefit the Colfax High School Chamber Choir.
The Hip Huggers play favorite tunes from Van Morrison, The B52s, The Clash, Talking Heads, and more. The celebration begins at 8 p.m. Monday at the Auburn Event Center. Some proceeds from the evening go to helping the high school choir meet its fundraising goal of $47,000 to send 35 students to a national choral competition in Honolulu in March. The choir and their parents have already raised $44,000 to date and need to meet their goal by the end of the year to attend the competition.
Tickets for the New Year's Eve concert are $25 per person and include party favors and dessert. Tickets are available through http://www.brownpapertickets.com, BriarPatch and at the door. The Auburn Event Center is lcoated at 145 Harrison Ave. (at Elm) in Auburn.
Through a special ticket deal, organizers encourage people to bring the party to theirs. Buy nine tickets and receive the 10th ticket for free! Call (530) 205-6627 for this promotion.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local