Artist trio exhibit ‘Windows’ through October at Clavey
September 5, 2013
A trio of artists will host an opening reception for their exhibit now on display at Clavey Tasting Room in Nevada City. The reception, from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, will be part of the First Friday Art Walk.
Anna Snelgrove, Ruth Chase and Grace Kelly Rivera will then give a talk for "Windows" — opening the visionary worlds of three women artists at 6 p.m. Oct. 4.
The convergence of these women makes a potent art experience. Their willingness to be intimate in their exploration invites intimacy with the viewer. The extraordinary detail and light of Anna Snelgrove's pastels beckons us to look and reflect; she stirs our sense of wonder at the deep and delicate beauty of relationship. In Ruth Chase Boudreaux's paintings, dark and stark beauty in color and form coaxes us in to the realm of the psyche where intelligence meets intuition. Kelly Rivera's paintings explore the juxtaposition between abstraction and representations; her paintings play with mystical events that take place in archetypal spaces and have a transcending effect on their viewers. This is not a show for the timid; rather it is an invitation for the viewer to boldly draw back the curtain, open the window and actively partake in the act of seeing.
"Windows" will be up through Oct. 27. Clavey Tasting Room is located at 232 Commercial St.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed