Artist reception for exhibit, sale of NCA artists
November 1, 2013
Work made by the artists of the Neighborhood Center of the Arts is featured in Art Works Gallery's front window from Oct. 28 through Nov. 8. There will be a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the gallery located at 113 Mill St. in downtown Grass Valley.
Come explore the display at Art Works Gallery during the reception and be entered to win a piece of art from the Neighborhood Center of the Arts. The free raffle will run every 30 minutes during the reception. Art Works Gallery will donate 10 percent of its sales during the reception to the NCA.
NCA provides opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities to grow to the best of their ability through the arts and community integration. Each day, up to 50 NCA artists work in the center's studio to create weavings, ceramics, paintings, drawings, woodworking, jewelry and computer arts.
"Our programs promote creativity, independence and dignity," said NCA Director Amee Medeiros. "For instance, consider Cindy Benson, who works in our studios five days a week. The income that she earns from the sale of her artwork allows her to live on her own, take vacations and maintain an independent, self-supporting lifestyle."
Fifty percent of the proceeds from the sale of works by NCA artists will go to Neighborhood Center of the Arts to support its programs; the other 50 percent goes to the artists who create the work.
"We are delighted to sponsor this event with Neighborhood Center of the Arts for the fourth year. Art Works Gallery strives to find ways to contribute to the community," said gallery president Gail Lipson.
Art Works Gallery exhibits a high-quality collection of artwork in jewelry, furniture, paintings, photography, ceramics, fiber arts, woodworking, glass blowing, mixed media and sculpture. The Art Works Gallery is open daily and located at 113 Mill St. in Grass Valley. For more information about Art Works Gallery, go to http:// artworksgalleryco-op.com.
Neighborhood Center of the Arts is located at 200 Litton Drive Ste. 212, in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-272-7287, or visit http://neighborhoodcenterof thearts.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed