Artist reception at Szabo
March 14, 2013
Artist Kerstin Ronsiek is currently showing her oil paintings at Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room. She calls this show "Several Periods Back."
In an effort to master painting with oils, Ronsiek has through the years played with different ways of using that medium. Occasionally she uses accidents as advantages, making the process more fun and explorative. On display at Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room are samples of work painted in different styles during the last five years. There are portraits, Yuba rock paintings, other nature scenes, and some work with symbols. One of the symbol paintings was accepted into the Crocker Kingsley exhibit last November.
Ronsiek said that however exciting each period has been in its own way, they have always led onward. She claims now to be in the most interesting painting period of all. She hopes to show her current work in the upcoming fall of 2013.
There will be a reception for the award-winning artist at Szabo from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. The show can also be viewed during the tasting room's opening hours until March 24. A couple more pieces of Ronsiek's work can currently be seen at New Moon Cafe.
For information, visit http://kerstinronsiek.com
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’