Artist reception at Avanguardia
April 1, 2013
After creating an exact likeness to a client's loved one, artist Katie Wolff stretches her mind and body by playing with paint in all its glorious vibrant colors and textures. Her use of color most often brings the viewer a feeling of joy, as do her portraits.
Starting Thursday (March 28), Katie will be the featured artist at the Avanguardia Tasting room, 209 Main St. in Grass Valley, open daily from noon to 5 p.m. An artist reception will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. The public is invited to see the work of this versatile artist.
Her work can also be seen daily at the Art Works Gallery, 113 Mill St., in Grass Valley, along with 35 other local artisans. She's the one wearing the hat. For more about her work, visit http://katiewolffstudio.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana