Artist reception at Avanguardia
April 1, 2013
After creating an exact likeness to a client's loved one, artist Katie Wolff stretches her mind and body by playing with paint in all its glorious vibrant colors and textures. Her use of color most often brings the viewer a feeling of joy, as do her portraits.
Starting Thursday (March 28), Katie will be the featured artist at the Avanguardia Tasting room, 209 Main St. in Grass Valley, open daily from noon to 5 p.m. An artist reception will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. The public is invited to see the work of this versatile artist.
Her work can also be seen daily at the Art Works Gallery, 113 Mill St., in Grass Valley, along with 35 other local artisans. She's the one wearing the hat. For more about her work, visit http://katiewolffstudio.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier