Artist displays images made without a camera
April 15, 2013
Photographer Donna Levreault has a new show at Indian Springs Tasting Room, 303 Broad St. in Nevada City.
Her exhibit, "Ghost Flowers," is currently on display and features images made without a camera. In a unique twist, Levreault uses the sun's radiance to achieve her images. Although flowers have been often photographed, painted, and drawn by artists down through the ages, these images shed a new and mysterious light on their beauty.
The viewer sees the afterglow of each flower, a ghost image that can range from realistic to abstract.
The process used to produce these prints is an old one from the 19th century.
"I love that I am co-creating these photographs with nature. The sun, the atmosphere, the season, the time of day — everything has an effect on the final image," Levreault said.
For information, visit http://donnalevreault.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws