Artist displays images made without a camera
April 15, 2013
Photographer Donna Levreault has a new show at Indian Springs Tasting Room, 303 Broad St. in Nevada City.
Her exhibit, "Ghost Flowers," is currently on display and features images made without a camera. In a unique twist, Levreault uses the sun's radiance to achieve her images. Although flowers have been often photographed, painted, and drawn by artists down through the ages, these images shed a new and mysterious light on their beauty.
The viewer sees the afterglow of each flower, a ghost image that can range from realistic to abstract.
The process used to produce these prints is an old one from the 19th century.
"I love that I am co-creating these photographs with nature. The sun, the atmosphere, the season, the time of day — everything has an effect on the final image," Levreault said.
For information, visit http://donnalevreault.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo