Art Works Gallery to host Jewelers in Action
February 6, 2014
Art Works Gallery will present Jewelers in Action — bringing all its artist jewelers together on one day.
This first-time event features six artists who will each give a demonstration of their skills in making jewelry from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Art Works Gallery, 113 Mill St., in Grass Valley. Learn a small part of what these artists do to bring the jewelry they display at the co-op store.
The featured artists and the subject matter that they will be demonstrating are Yvonne Dockter (upcycling and repurposing), Suzanne Himmler (fusing), Linda Kaneko (necklaces), Robyn Kleinhans (wax carving), Judy Rath (bead embroidery) and Rosemary Stokes (bracelets).
"In addition to the artistic skills demonstrated, you will see the passion and love each artist holds for their art. Years of learning and a large investment in materials and tools will be what you don't see, but please keep it in mind as you move from artist to artist," said jeweler Judy Rath, who is organizing the event.
Art Works Gallery exhibits a collection of artwork in jewelry, furniture, paintings, photography, ceramics, fiber arts, woodworking, glass blowing, mixed media and sculpture.
The Art Works Gallery is open daily. For more information on Art Works Gallery, go to http://www.artworksgalleryco-op.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death