Art Works Gallery hosts Holiday Open House
November 29, 2012
All 36 of Art Works Gallery's artists invite you to join them for a Holiday Open House from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at 113 Mill St. in downtown Grass Valley.
"Wine, cheese and hors d'oeuvres will be served, and we will have live music performed by harpist Olivia Ross," said oil painter Bob Libutti, who is organizing the party. "We have a terrific diversity of art and artists at the gallery. It is fascinating to talk with them and learn about their creative techniques for working with glass, clay, wood, metal and other materials."
Buying local and handmade has become a big part of people's holiday shopping goals, but buying art can sometimes be intimidating.
"Getting to know the artists is a great way for first-time art buyers to start a collection. We love talking about our work and answering questions" said painter Sheila Cameron.
When you shop at the Art Works Gallery, the cooperative spirit extends to the customers. There is always an artist on duty to help you with your purchase and answer any questions you might have — even put you in touch with the artist.
"It is like having a concierge art-buyer service with the friendly downtown Grass Valley attitude. It's more than a gallery. It's a community" Cameron adds.
"We will have numerous raffle sites set up around the gallery," said Gallery President Linda Kaneko. Everyone will get one free raffle ticket, but you can also purchase additional tickets to increase your chances of winning. Proceeds from the raffle will be donated to the Food Bank of Nevada County.
"Don't worry if your ticket is not one of the lucky winners," said Kaneko. "We have lots of affordable artwork that is perfect for holiday gift giving.
Painter Sylviane Gaumer and mosaic artist Susan Crocenzi have recently joined Art Works Gallery, which exhibits a high-quality collection of artwork in jewelry, furniture, paintings, photography, ceramics, fiber arts, woodworking, glass blowing, mixed media and sculpture. The Art Works Gallery is open daily and located at 113 Mill St. in Grass Valley. For information about Art Works Gallery, go to http://www.artworksgalleryco-op.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier