Aquadeer and Friends at the Curly Wolf Thursday
December 21, 2012
Warm up with a cup of coffee and an eclectic mix of acoustic music at The Curly Wolf Café at 7 p.m. today.
Aquadeer offers a unique blend of acoustic experimental folk, rock and pop, featuring musicianship and four-part harmonies. The Los Angeles-based group includes Dylan Rodrigue (vocals, guitar), Linnea Sabloski (vocals, cajon), Gregory Uhlmann (vocals, bass) and Steven Van Betten (vocals, guitar).
Aquadeer is excited about its upcoming debut CD. The group is completing a short West Coast tour, with performances in Portland, Ore., San Francisco and Sacramento. The Curly Wolf show will be a homecoming of sorts for singer/guitarist Rodrigue, a Nevada City native and member of Division Threshold, who will be performing at the Center for the Arts Dec. 28 as winners of 2012 Nevada County Fair Battle of the Bands.
Also performing will be talented Grass Valley singer/songwriter Marina Power, formerly of the experimental folk duo Of Wheel and Water. Power will perform a solo set and a few songs with her former Of Wheel and Water partner, Dylan Rodrigue.
Tyler Cook is another singer/songwriter in the Nevada County music scene. Playing bass and guitar in various rock groups, including Sasha & The Shamrocks and the Still Sea. The music he writes is hard to pinhole into one genre, but one might say Jeff Buckley meets Swans meets Jim Morrison meets Syd Barrett. Labels aside, Cook brings us to a creative and endearing world of sound that is entirely his own and ultimately brilliant.
The Curly Wolf Café is located at 217 Broad St. in Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- PG&E offers debris removal in tree death crisis
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier