Annual Valentine Erotique show benefits schoolhouse
February 6, 2014
An extravaganza of provocative poetry and other forms of edgy entertainment returns at 7:30 p.m. Saturday to the North Columbia Schoolhouse Cultural Center.
The annual Valentine Erotique Variety Show will feature poetry this year by Bill Gainer, Chris Harbor, Lytton Bell, Alabaster Fox and Judith Rae.
Leta Gibney and her band, Leta's Blues, will be on hand to add live music to the sultry atmosphere of the evening.
Belle Star is producing burlesque acts once again this year with a set of racy skits parodying pop culture.
Comedian, actor and KVMR personality Casey Burke will be the master of ceremonies for the evening.
He will also perform a short comedic act building upon last year's performance.
This is a benefit for the North Columbia Schoolhouse. There will be a chocolate dessert competition (open to the public), a love raffle, secret valentines and much more.
Tickets are $18 for in advance or $20 at the door and are available at BriarPatch Co-op, Yabobo and Mother Truckers. This event is designed for adults only.
For more information, visit http://www.northcolumbiaschoolhouse.org/.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death