Annual Deli Nite benefit today
September 20, 2013
Congregation B'nai Harim at the Nevada County Jewish Community Center will host its annual "All You Can Eat Deli Nite" from 5-8 p.m. today at the Nevada City Elks Lodge, 518 State Highway 49. This event features traditional New York style Jewish deli food including pastrami, corned beef, salami, kosher hot dogs, authentic rye bread, potato salad, cole slaw, pickles, sauerkraut and New York cheesecake. Coffee and soft drinks are included and beer and wine is available. This authentic food is specially ordered and flown in and is not available anywhere else in Northern California, according to organizers.
Pianist, Joe Hammel will entertain during Deli Nite with "Big Band Hits."
Tickets are $25 for adults ($30 at the door), $15 for children under 12 and children 3 and under are free. Tickets are on sale at BriarPatch Co-op and The Bookseller.
This annual event is a fundraiser for the Nevada County Jewish Community Center and was inspired by the dream to create a traditional New York style Jewish Deli for one night, here in Nevada County.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana