Annual Country Christmas Faire in GV
November 28, 2013
The 29th annual Country Christmas Faire will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley.
The fair features unique gifts and crafts from artisans from across the state.
Exhibit buildings will be filled during the Thanksgiving weekend, giving shoppers a chance to start their holiday shopping with quality handmade holiday items, ornaments, jewelry, wooden crafts, soaps and lotions, hand-woven baskets, stained glass, candles, beadwork and dozens of other unique gifts.
Visitors to the fair will experience strolling live entertainment, festival foods, the magical Gingerbread House exhibit, errand elves and a community bonfire. Wagon rides around the fairgrounds will be offered; and Victorian singers, the bell-ringing RiverBells and the Sierra Symphony quartet will perform throughout the event.
Santa will be available each day until an hour before the event closes, so bring your camera to capture that special photo with Santa.
Free babysitting will be offered in Tall Pines Building, so parents can drop off their children while they enjoy holiday shopping. Additionally, Story Club, with free children's storytelling and free book giveaways, will be offered daily in the Tall Pines Building at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
On Sunday, the Nevada County Fairgrounds will partner with Grass Valley Elks for a canned Food Drive. Bring a can of food from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and receive $1 off Sunday's admission price (one coupon per person).
All food donated will help feed those in need in Nevada County.
Admission is $4 for adults, and children 12 and under are free. Parking is $5.
However, fair-goers will receive one free admission for each paid parking pass.
The hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
The Nevada County Fairgrounds is located at 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley.
For information, go to http://NevadaCountyFair.com or call 530-273-6217.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Common-cure ’70 Chevy C10 short-bed fleetside pickup
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- New classes starting at Fletcher’s Dance Hall in Nevada City
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say