Animal Place on display
February 21, 2013
This month, Kathryn Wronski is displaying her colorful paintings at the Indian Springs Tasting Room in Nevada City. Known both locally and nationally for her vibrant custom pet portraits, her subjects at the tasting room will range from local scenes to dogs and farm animals. Many of the subjects in her farm animal paintings are created from her own photos taken of rescued animals at The Animal Place.
The Animal Place is a 600-acre farm sanctuary on McCourtney Road in Grass Valley where rescued farm animals get to live out their lives in a happy and safe environment. Along with many original oil paintings, canvas reproductions and prints will be available.
A reception to meet the artist will take place at Indian Springs from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday.
Indian Springs is located at 303 Broad St. in Nevada City. To see more of Wronski's work, visit http://kwronski.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum