Ancheta to play Stonehouse
December 28, 2012
Hailing from San Francisco, Justin Ancheta's music drives his passion for community, awareness and change. His eclectic style of reggae flavored indie-rock melds funk and jazz for a unique musical experience.
Tonight Ancheta will grace the stage with local favorites Isa James, Tree, Jay Ladner, Alex Garcia Scammon, as well as bringing some of 'Cradle Duende's' heavy-hitters from the Bay Area, including a heralded performance by Morgan Nilsen on Clarinet.
Aedryan Gantt and his band, The Thermal Immersion, will open the night at 8, featuring local veteran musicians, Mark McCartney, Perry Mills, Shelby Snow, and Cherisha Heart. Inspired by the Seattle grunge scene in the early '90s, Gantt's music expands beyond the genres of punk, ska, metal, and progressive rock, integrating soul, funk, jazz, and R&B elements into his writing style while pulling from real-life to reflect on the human experience.
The Stonehouse will present Justin Ancheta and guests for a night of celebrating Nevada City's finest singer and songwriters, while highlighting local and regional talents. Tickets are $5 starting at 8 p.m., and $10 after 9. The Stonehouse is located at 107 Sacramento Street, in downtown Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial