‘An Autumn Nocturne’ to benefit Music in the Mountains
September 5, 2013
Good food, good wine, and good friends for a great cause. "An Autumn Nocturne" presented by the Music in the Mountains Alliance will offer guests a five-course gourmet dinner at the Sierra Starr Winery and Vineyards. Local Chef Antonio Ayesteran has prepared a menu of mouth-watering entrée choices accompanied by Sierra Starr wines and the music of Sols.
"Sunset from the vineyard, in the golden light, sharing a glass of wine among friends is one of life's great pleasures," said Ginny Riffey, MIMA president. "We are delighted to offer this opportunity to our community".
A live auction will culminate the evening. Actor/singer/dancer Jed Dixon will donate an evening of entertainment at the location of the winner's choice. Brunch for eight in a private home, a Bouquet-a-Month from Foothill Flowers, a gourmet dinner for six donated by Antonio Ayesteran, a hand-crafted wooden bowl by local artist Bill Kinney, a week-long resort stay in Los Cabos and a private plane ride are among the remaining auction items that will go to the highest bidder. All proceeds from the auction benefit Music in the Mountains directly.
This benefit for Music in the Mountains will take place beginning at 5 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Sierra Starr Winery and Vineyard in Grass Valley. Tickets are $100 per person and can be purchased at the Music in the Mountains Box Office, 530 Searls Ave., Nevada City or call 530-265-6124. For the complete menu and list of auction items, visit http://www.musicinthemountains.org for more information.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier