Amusement Extravaganza to feature Dragon Master
February 7, 2013
Amusement Extravaganza, a monthly music, games and crafts event at the Stonehouse in Nevada City will feature Oakland's Donald Hughes, also known as the Dragon Master, this Saturday.
"I take people on a mythical journey through the Mighty Labyrinth Quest. I call it choose-your-own-adventure music," said Hughes, describing an act that he will bring to town this weekend.
"It's kind of like a choose-your-own-adventure book," he said. "Each song is a part of the story. At the end of each song, the audience must choose what they will do next. There's also a giant 20-sided die that must be rolled to determine the success or failure of an action."
Raised in Ogden, Utah, Hughes spent his youth playing Dungeons and Dragons and other role-playing games, listening to speed metal, Queen, David Bowie and Mike Patton. Replacing his quiet, normal surroundings with epic adventure tales and equally imaginative music, he continues his quest to inject a sense of fantasy and uniqueness into the world with his boldly original and hilarious stage show.
Catch Dragon Master, along with local musicians Aaron Ross, The Water and Tooranjian, as well as films presented by Mikail Graham and Menlo Macfarlane, plus games and crafts activities, at Amusement Extravaganza from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday. Information on the event can be found at http://motionrecordings.tumblr.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County