Add spring flavor with co-op cooking classes
March 28, 2013
BriarPatch Co-op is welcoming spring with a diverse selection of cooking classes sure to please everyone, from seasoned chefs to novice cooks.
Pascal Glenn will teach the secrets to creating French pastries April 4. Glenn learned his trade in his native France. In this class, he will focus on croissants and pain au chocolat.
Hilary Dart, BriarPatch's volunteer and demo coordinator, is a longtime diabetic who loves to make yummy treats that are good for herself, as well as her family and friends.
She'll share her favorite recipes, the results of years of experimenting with different flours and sweeteners, including Blueberry Upside Down Cake, Trail Mix Cookies and more. "Guilt-free Treats for Diabetics" will be April 11.
April 18 brings "Green Smoothie Mastery" with Liam Blackmon. Blackmon, of The Fix in Nevada City, will teach all about the health and wellness benefits of green smoothies, including utterly delicious sweet and savory recipes.
Teresita Juarez Lyon is offering her incredibly popular "Traditional Handmade Tamales" April 25. Learn the ancient art of making tamales, using healthy ingredients to create this Latin specialty.
More classes and descriptions are listed at http://briarpatch.coop. All co-op classes are from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at In the Kitchen cooking school, 648 Zion St. in Nevada City. The fee for most classes is $30 for BriarPatch owners and $35 for the general public.
For information or to pre-register, call BriarPatch at 530-272-5333, ext. 129, or email MellisaH@briarpatch.coop.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier