Achilles Wheel at Old 5Mile
May 15, 2013
The high-energy rock-and-roots band Achilles Wheel will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at the Old 5Mile House.
Featuring Deadbeats veterans Jonny Mojo, Gary Campus and Paul Kamm, the band works with numerous string instruments and a tight, varied array of percussion sounds. In the wake of its breakout performance at the 2012 Kate Wolf Music Festival, the band has been hitting stages all across California and is poised to travel much further in the coming year. They recently performed on New Year's Eve at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City and soon after with Moon Alice at the Grass Valley Center for the Arts.
Achilles Wheel's sound is Jonny Mojo on lead guitar and vocals with Paul Kamm on rhythm, bass and vocals and Gary Campus on drums and vocals. Their debut CD, "13 Hours" was recorded at the historic Nevada Theater in Nevada City in, well…13 hours, since the band believes so strongly in the chemistry of it's live performances. A follow-up album will be released this winter, and Friday's show will feature many of those new songs.
The show will take place in the historic Stagecoach Lounge of the Old5. All ages are welcome.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws