A ‘Trip Around the Sun" with Jay Tausig
November 22, 2012
New York native and longtime local resident Jay Tausig will perform in the Stagecoach Lounge of the Old 5Mile House from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday.
Tausig began playing guitar in New York at the age of 9 and quickly moved on to piano and percussion. He is a prolific producer and has released a number of albums on his own label, including "The Implications of Invisibility" and "Ipse at Non Solus." He's also appeared on tribute albums to Genesis, King Crimson, Peter Hammill and VDGG. His music could be alternately described as progressive rock, fusion and space rock — a sound he describes as "music without boundaries."
In live solo performance, he uses a looper and harmonizers to create several layers of instrumental sound. His cover material includes Pink Floyd, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Cat Stevens and James Taylor. His focus in his recent original work has been on a project called "Trip Around the Sun," produced and arranged at his studio in Nevada City and using the Zodiac as the basis for a series of 12 monthly album releases. For information, go to http://www.triparoundthesun.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death