‘A Fairy Quest’ set to begin
June 13, 2014
Fairies return to the Burton Homestead in Nevada City this weekend. After last summer's popular hit Faery Hunt by Quest Theaterworks, the local nonprofit company returns this weekend with its latest production, "A Fairy Quest."
The original script for "A Fairy Quest" was written and directed by local educator Shawnna Frazer and is being produced by Quest. It will be staged at the Bear Yuba Land Trust's Burton Homestead, where participants of all ages are invited for a magical adventure through fairy forest where they will encounter fairy folk in their natural habitat.
Through the interactive outdoor production, the fairies and audience will sing, dance, and play, while learning important lessons about protecting the environment and sharing the world.
The audience is encouraged to come dressed as fairies.
Tickets are $10 for children, $12 for teens and adults and are available at BriarPatch Co-op and online at http://www.QuestTheaterworks.com. Performances are at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. this Saturday and Sunday, and again June 21, 22, 28 and July 6. The Burton Homestead is located at 16200 Lake Vera Purdon Road in Nevada City. For more information, call 366-5888.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death