Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Entertainment
- Sierra Stages presents a musical about kids for grown-ups
- Review: The strength is in the flaws
- Theater fans should ‘run’ to see “Gidion’s Knot”
- Sierra Gold Chorus to host open house
- Melissa Etheridge: not in Kansas anymore