Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Entertainment
- Tree-cutting contractor defends work at Gateway Center in Penn Valley
- Grass Valley business owner charged with selling counterfeit gold
- Loggers decimate 40-plus trees at Gateway Center in Penn Valley
- Local campaign to legalize recreational marijuana begins
- Nevada Union High School teacher flips classroom for more engagement