A non-traditional bird house creation by Wanda Dunn of Penn Valley took the Best of Show award for the gingerbread house contest held in conjunction with the 2012 Country Christmas Faire held at the Nevada County Fairgrounds November 23 through 25. The gingerbread birdhouse was a traditional shape but was unusual in its use of decoration materials, which included three type of rice, green peas, various seeds and grains, cranberries, popped popcorn, pink peppercorns, and rosemary. “It has a realistic organic look to it and was fun and challenging to create, “ said Dunn. It will be on display at the South Yuba Club in Grass Valley for a week, then at Tess’ Kitchen Store through most of December.
December 4, 2012 | Back to: Entertainment
Bird house wins annual gingerbread house contest
Trending in: Entertainment
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Whether Victory or Death: Grass Valley woman tracks life in Hitler's Germany