Each week, more Christmas lights brighten western Nevada County.
Grass Valley area
• Look for displays along Morgan Ranch Drive, off Ridge Road.
• Lights and inflatables at the corner of Vistamont and Samantha Way, along the Samantha loop and on Elysian Place, in Morgan Ranch off Ridge Road.
• 275 Dorsey Drive, off East Main Street. A huge light display at the Grass Valley Terrace Apartments.
• 626 Linden Ave. (off Alta Street near downtown). Santa will hand out candy canes from 6 to 8 p.m. today and Dec. 18, 23 and 24, weather permitting.
• Brighton Street, near the fairgrounds
• 602 Penstock Dr., off Brighton Street. A light show is synchronized to music you can listen to on your FM car radio.
• 11322 Butler Road (west of Walker Drive); Bill Roth has set out up to 10,000 lights
• 11196 Squirrel Creek Road, near Adams Avenue just west of Grass Valley. Chuck and Sharon Patterson have been doing this for 31 years as a memorial to their baby daughter, Melisa.
South of Grass Valley
• In Sherwood Forest, off Auburn Road south of the Nevada County Fairgrounds: Neighbors each year deck out their homes on Archery Way, Friar Tuck Road, Robinhood Drive and Nottingham.
• 15756 Rattlesnake Road (near Dog Bar side of Rattlesnake Road, Alta Sierra area; take circular driveway through display); Gary Fosburg puts out 70,000 lights and 31 inflatables.
Highway 174 area
• 11750 Lower Colfax Road
• 13660 Meadow Drive
Nevada City area
• Along Ridge Road, from Nevada Union High School toward downtown
• Downtown neighborhoods
• Pasquale Road just past Red Dog Road, on the left. Ask for Eddy the Elf.
Penn Valley area
• 10176 Valley Oak Court
• 18747 Lodestone Court
• 13088 Thistle Loop
• 18486 Siesta Drive
As the Christmas season continues, visit www.TheUnion. com/lights to see a map of where light displays are located - or add your own. Zoom in for map details.
Or, call (530) 477-4230 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your address added to our list for future publication.